Please welcome Xun.
Don't suck up to him, give him hell and don't forget...
Everything can be his fault too now!
Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays!
We hope you and your loved ones enjoy the holiday today and the holiday season ahead. Thanks for being a part of our community! Cheers! Happy holidays everyone.
With this in mind; I am fixing everything I come across. The uploads will be put in the script download section under my name. This does not mean I am taking credit for the said scripts (unless they were my additions).
Note: We will NOT be providing any base script pack items or NPC's. This will be mainly systems with the exception of some items, resources, etc. here and there. Instructions will be added to any script that needs placement of code in several locations.
Thank you for your continued patience.
Some scripts will be getting updates as I go along and the IRC users tell me if anything is broken or missing as well. So expect quite a bit of revisions on some scripts. Please post anything that is not working right or missing files. This way I can backtrack through the packs and adjust the scripts being uploaded. Thank you.
* 99% of base items re-scripted (covering everything included in client 7.0.23 - including the new Halloween stuff that is not yet released on EA servers)
* Some extra EA quest items added
* 99% of base creatures re-scripted (with properties and TAGs for the implementation of AOS damage/resistances, and other special abilities, etc... that having been said, the systems to enable all these TAG driven features is still being worked on.)
* Some extra EA quest creatures added
* SPAWN entries redone
* TEMPLATE entries redone
* Old TYPEDEFs and EVENTs rescripted for 56c syntax
* New custom TYPEDEFs and EVENTs added
* Major changes to Axis categorization
* Some helpful comments added in various script files
The changes to the structure of the script pack are vast... dozens of files deleted, split, added, renamed, etc. Many hundreds of ITEMDEFs and CHARDEFs shuffled from one place to another. Lots of modifications to DUPELIST and DUPEITEM, etc.
What this means is "upgrading" an existing shard to use the new pack is going to be difficult, but it also means any new shard created from it will be a LOT more complete out-of-the-box.
I am going to release the pack before releasing instructions on how to handle the changes on an existing shard. I highly recommend NOT using this pack as-is on a existing shard... if you want the new stuff, you should patch it in gradually on a test server before you deploy it on a live production server. This pack will be released without backward compatibility testing being done, and in fact, all the backward compatibility stuff is commented out for now.
This is the advanced warning announcement, if you have questions, concerns, or comments feel free to let me know here or in the IRC chat.
It is available here: http://prerelease.sphere.torfo.org/
Any new bug reports should now be based on this pre-release.
I would also like for users who have reported bugs in the past on the bug tracker to double check if those bugs are still present, and if not, please post it on that report so that it can be closed.